I moved to Victoria, BC in 2009 and it took me quite a while to really ‘plug in’ to the community. I’ve listed out the key resources, events and locations that I wish I had had back then.
Main Slack channel – YYJTech: http://yyjtech.slack.com
Tech Job Boards in Victoria
Two main job boards:
Hiring Events in Victoria
Key hiring related events to watch out for:
- February: https://www.viatec.ca/events/discover-tectoria-2018 –
- March: https://www.battlesnake.io/
- September: https://www.startupslam.io/
- October: https://www.uvic.ca/coopandcareer/events/student/career-fair.php
Victoria Co-Working Spaces
Main co-working spaces in town are:
Spacestation. (517. Fort St)
- Watershed (1112 Fort St)
- Club Kwench (843 Fort St) (Tessa runs both watershed and
kwench, and they are opening a third location due to demand)
- The Dock (722 Cormorant), focused on companies doing impact work
- Digital Desks (810 Humbolt St.), the premium option, comes with. Concierge, pool/hot tub. Access. And.
There’s rumoursof a masseuse being n call
Main tech. Offices
- Owen Matthews. @.
Alacatiyhas a number of buildings. In town. Which house both his investment. Portfolio companies, but are also. Available for rent. These nlcude838. Fort St (check out the helicopter in the middle of the lobby), 1019 Fort St. (Above Picnic Too). And. 1124 Vancouver St.
- ViaTEC. Is a members organization that describes itself as the face of. Technology in. Victoria. Their main. Building I s 777. Fort Street, which includes an open. Lobby area and offices upstairs.
- Habit / The Atrium Building
- Discovery Coffee (Blanchard)
- Union Pacific
If you’re looking for OFFICE SNACKS, consider supporting a local YYJ Entrepreneur and ordering from Mike over at http://snacksvictoria.com?aff=2